ENGINEERING, CONSTRUCTION & OPERATIONS:
SAP for Engineering, Construction & Operations (SAP for EC&O) enables you to perform a wide range of critical activities, including:
· Business development – We help you develop strategic new business – going beyond standard practices to use new strategies that deliver better results. With SAP for EC&O, we can implement intensive market and risk analysis and plan the timelines and budgets for projects. You can also manage the bid process, taking into account competitive and customer information.
· Project management – Our experts and Implementation team support robust project planning and management. You can create accurate baseline budgets and schedules and manage downstream variations in definition, scope, costs, and other variables. With SAP for EC&O we addresses end-to-end project management, from planning, scheduling, and project execution to contract management and project controlling.
· Design and engineering – Our solutions enable effective management of the entire design and engineering phase, including both basic design and detailed design and engineering. With SAP for EC&O, you can integrate CAD systems to enable ERP-supported computer-aided facility management (CAFM), develop and manage documents, and collaborate easily with subcontractors, vendors, and clients.
· Building – Our solutions support key activities in the build phase, including site materials management, workforce management, equipment and tools management, prefabrication and assembly, and commissioning, start-up, and handover. You can interact with strategic partners, manage documents, and track the shipment and quality of materials.
· Procurement – Our solutions help you evaluate potential business partners and relevant quotations, build valuable relationships with subcontractors and suppliers, and measure performance over time. You can give suppliers and subcontractors secure access to internal functionality for processing orders, managing invoices, and updating specifications to maximize the efficiency of purchasing activities. And, during project execution, you can monitor and analyze available resources and ensure prompt delivery of good-quality materials and services.
· Facility and plant operations – With our solutions, you can manage the entire life cycle of operating buildings and plants. SAP for EC&O provides full support for marketing and sales, property structure management, facility and plant maintenance, real estate management, and service operations.
SAP for Engineering, Construction & Operations (SAP for EC&O) gives you integrated, real-time information about schedules, costs, engineering, and subcontractors – so you can effectively manage projects and processes at locations around the world. With SAP solutions, you gain the following benefits:
· Better control of project and corporate finances – With SAP for EC&O, you can integrate financial management, business analysis, and strategic enterprise management. You can also optimize financial planning and forecasting, streamline the financial supply chain, and improve fiscal management and reporting.
· Stronger relationships with subcontractors and suppliers – SAP for EC&O enables you to improve communication and better manage your relationship with suppliers.
· New ways to attract, retain, and manage employees – SAP for EC&O enables you to link employee processes with business processes and support multiple languages in global operations. Robust support for knowledge management helps you retain organizational expertise.
· Improved project management – With SAP for EC&O, you gain market-leading support for enterprise resource planning (ERP). You can also manage projects in new ways that control costs and improve productivity.
· Enhanced project execution – With SAP for EC&O, you can manage equipment to maximize usage, track assets with greater control, improve document management, and enhance communication with valued partners.
· Better change order management – Comprehensive support for document and version management, as well as sophisticated collaboration, enable you to manage change orders more efficiently.
· Greater ability to seize aftermarket opportunities – SAP for EC&O enables collaboration with partners in new ways – giving you the flexibility to capitalize quickly on new business opportunities, such as facilities management.
· Improved project portfolio management and asset management – With SAP for EC&O, you can align information, people, and processes in the entire organization from a holistic perspective and make informed strategic decisions. Better-integrated environment – With SAP for EC&O, you can give all stakeholders role-based access to the information, applications, and robust mobile technology they need. You can unify people, information, and processes across technological, organizational, and geographical boundaries.